- Extended Day Provider
- AWS Portal
- The Light of Aurora Shining for 30 Years!
- Join Our Mailing List For 5-Day Pre-K / Kindergarten Application
- Join Our Mailing List For 1st-8th Grade Application
- Join Our Mailing List For Parent-Toddler Application
- Health & Safety
Arts at AWS
The arts are not optional at Aurora Waldorf; they are essential. Why? Because the entire curriculum is taught through them.
Our students don’t “have music” or “do art” once a week. Instead, every student draws and sings every day, plays an instrument in an orchestra or band, knits and crochets, carves a wooden spoon, performs in a play every year, and much more.
That’s why our students are such creative problem solvers. From theater, they learn the art of collaboration; from painting, they learn attention to detail; from music, discipline. AWS graduates have taken these lessons with them into careers in business, teaching, law, technology, the military, environmental advocacy, medicine, and of course, fine and performing arts.
"If you've had the experience of binding a book, knitting a sock, playing a recorder, then you feel that you can build a rocket ship—or learn a software program you've never touched. It's not bravado, just a quiet confidence. There is nothing you can't do. Why couldn't you? Why couldn't anybody?"
- Peter Nitze, engineer, graduate of Rudolf Steiner School of New York City, Harvard and Stanford universities.