- Extended Day Provider
- AWS Portal
- The Light of Aurora Shining for 30 Years!
- Join Our Mailing List For 5-Day Pre-K / Kindergarten Application
- Join Our Mailing List For 1st-8th Grade Application
- Join Our Mailing List For Parent-Toddler Application
- Our Campus
New York State (NYS) Public Health Law Section 2164 and New York Codes, Rules and Regulations (NYCRR) Title 10, Subpart 66-1 require every student entering or attending public, private, or parochial school in New York State (NYS) be immunized as summarized below. Public Health Law Section 2164 provides for medical exemptions to immunization.
Aurora Waldorf School complies with all New York vaccination and reporting laws and encourages parents to make informed vaccination decisions in partnership with their family health care provider. Vaccine requirements vary depending on the age and grade of the entering student. The CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) establishes the recommended vaccine schedule and determines when vaccines are due.
Required immunizations include:
- Diphtheria and Tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine and Pertussis vaccine (DTaP or Tdap)
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccine (MMR)
- Polio vaccine
- Varicella (Chickenpox) vaccine
Additional immunizations required for middle school include:
- Tdap vaccine for Grade 6
- Meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MenACWY) for Grade 7
Additional immunizations required for pre-K include:
- Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine (HiB)
- Pneumococcal Conjugate vaccine (PCV)
Per New York State, in the case of an outbreak, students with medical exemptions who are not fully immunized may be temporarily excluded from attending school.
For more information, visit https://www.health.ny.gov/prevention/immunization/schools/school_vaccines/