- AWS Portal
- The Light of Aurora Shining for 30 Years!
Aurora Waldorf School Mission Statement
“Providing a place where children love to learn, educating children for all aspects of life, and fostering capacities within to become successful, self-assured adults who contribute to a better world.”
At Aurora Waldorf School, we believe:
- Childhood is to be honored and preserved
- Learning is not to be rushed
- School can be a joyful place
- Every child deserves to be outside every day
- The arts are essential to our humanity
- Excellence is possible for every child
- Education is more than just the exchange of facts and information
Our school values put the Waldorf philosophy into practice!
- Relationship-Based Education: We create a network of deep, lasting relationships that build confidence and self-sufficiency.
- Appreciation for the Natural World: We extend the classroom into the outdoors, translating joy-filled learning into wonder and appreciation for the natural world.
- Learning to Change the World: We strive to cultivate in our students a life-long love of learning and the capacities to selflessly contribute to a better world.
- Learning in Community: We educate the entire family, adults consciously leading children and each other, to realize their full potential and become their best selves.
The Waldorf approach is developmentally appropriate and time-tested. Waldorf education is changing the world every day and has been preparing children around the globe to meet the future for over 100 years.