Here are some ideas:
- Do you have a skill you're able to share? Consider giving a class on knitting, canning sauce, painting, yoga, felting, or baking.
- Donate a week at your vacation home at the lake (, on the mountain, in another country, or near a ski resort).
- Put together a gift basket. The options are endless: a doggy gift basket, stationery, chocolates, dinner & movie date night. Or, speak to your local businesses about donating a gift card, a basket of goodies, and/or advertising in our program.
- Did you order two of those cute little wooden toys for Christmas by mistake, and one is sitting on the top shelf of your closet? We'll take it!
- Other ideas: Sports memorabilia, Sporting events tickets, Concert tickets, Paintings, Pottery, Jewelry, Books, Handmade clothing and accessories, Beauty products/services, Wine, Gift cards, Sports/Theater/Movie/Skiing/Museum passes, Photographic art/services.
A couple of highlights from items donated so far:
- A heavy baby handmade by AWS teacher Jill Quin with a handmade baby buggy from alumni parent and master woodworker, Stephen Oubre.
- Furniture handcrafted by alumni parent Rolf Hoeg.
Class projects are in full swing! Look for paintings, felting, sewing, jewelry, woodwork, and ceramics projects in the lobby display case next month.
While we are a Waldorf school, we try to have a little something for everyone at the auction so that when you invite your best friend's neighbor's boss, he or she has more bidding options outside of knitting classes and wool felted gnomes!